We are in the process of updating the categories and criteria for this year – and will be updating this page shortly. In the meantime, the list of the 2020 categories can be seen below.
The Architect of the Year Awards are unique, as we judge a body of work, rather than one-off projects. For each category, you are required to submit at least two projects (and a maximum of 4). At least one of the projects should have been completed in the year 1 December 2019 – 1 December 2020, with at least one other project – either built or unbuilt – and all entries must have been completed within the last 3 years.
You will prepare your entry as electronic A1 scale landscape presentation panels in pdf format.
- A maximum of TWO panels showing a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FOUR projects should be submitted
- For each project in the entry, please include:
- Name of practice, the project’s name, location, client, dates for the commencement and completion of construction and contract value
- A concise 100-250 word description of each project, conveying the challenge of the brief, the design intent, and key facts
- As many photographs, sketches and/or visualisations as you feel appropriate.
- At least one plan and one section drawing
|Social Impact Award|
|Small Project Architect of the Year|
|Infrastructure Architect of the Year|
|Individual House Architect of the Year|
|Housing Architect of the Year|
|Retail and Leisure Architect of the Year|
|Public Building Architect of the Year|
|Office Architect of the Year|
|Refurbishment Architect of the Year|
|Education Architect of the Year (nursery – 6th)|
|Higher Education Architect of the Year|
|Public Realm Architect of the Year|
|Interior Architect of the Year|
|Sustainability Architect of the Year|
|Young Architect of the Year|
|Architectural Leader of the Year|
|Best Architect Employer of the Year|
|Architectural Client of the Year|