Entries are now closed
If you were hoping to put a submission forward and didn't get the chance to
please contact our team and we'll try our best to accommodate you
Entry fee: £99+VAT (exclusions apply)
*Contact us to see the full category criteria and what needs to be included in your submission.
The Architect of the Year Awards are unique, as we judge a body of work, rather than one-off projects. For each category, you are required to submit at least two projects (and a maximum of 4).
At least one of the projects should have been completed in the year between 1 December 2019 – 1 December 2020, and you must supply at least one other project (either built or unbuilt) which has been completed within the last 3 years.
You will prepare your entry as electronic A1 scale landscape presentation panels in pdf format.
- A maximum of TWO panels showing a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FOUR projects should be submitted
- For each project in the entry, please include:
- Name of practice, the project’s name, location, client, dates for the commencement and completion of construction and contract value
- A concise 100-250 word description of each project, conveying the challenge of the brief, the design intent, and key facts
- As many photographs, sketches and/or visualisations as you feel appropriate.
- At least one plan and one section drawing
- Social Impact Award
- Small Project Architect of the Year
- Infrastructure Architect of the Year
- Individual House Architect of the Year
- Housing Architect of the Year
- Retail and Leisure Architect of the Year
- Public Building Architect of the Year
- Office Architect of the Year
- Refurbishment Architect of the Year
- Education Architect of the Year (nursery – 6th)
- Higher Education Architect of the Year
- Public Realm Architect of the Year
- Interior Architect of the Year
- Sustainability Architect of the Year
- Young Architect of the Year
- Architectural Leader of the Year
- Best Architect Employer of the Year
- Architectural Client of the Year